my grammar could hit the target from that distance

The revolution has begun. No longer will we put up with dodgy speeling, misplaced apostrophes' or improper; punctuation? P.S. pointing out bad grammar in postings is banned. To justify this I'm applying a form of grammatical 'absolute privilege', as the public interest in publishing mistakes far outweighs the cost to the public of making further mistakes. Call me a hypocrite if you will, but it works in Westminster.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Retro shirts: retro grammar

Nestle make chocolate. They're also leaping on the Summer of Football my offering you a chance to win a 'retro shirt'. By golly!

But they may run into problems judging by their promotional website:

"Win a retro shirt 1,000's to be won"

(I would do a screengrab but I'm a technical retard. If a more competent contributor than myself would like to rectify this, then be my guest)

What depresses me if the most is they've clearly released the need for a comma in 1,000, but are oblivious to not only the flagrant misuse of an apostrophe, but also the crying need for some form of punctuation.

Imagine if the Milkybar Kid had proclaimed: "The Milkybar's are on me!" Nestle could have been faced with lawsuits, crying children and possibly a riot on their hands. Is a piece of chocolate worth this pain? Arguably not.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home