my grammar could hit the target from that distance

The revolution has begun. No longer will we put up with dodgy speeling, misplaced apostrophes' or improper; punctuation? P.S. pointing out bad grammar in postings is banned. To justify this I'm applying a form of grammatical 'absolute privilege', as the public interest in publishing mistakes far outweighs the cost to the public of making further mistakes. Call me a hypocrite if you will, but it works in Westminster.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

G for Grudge

After the other week's little incident, I've got it in for Comment Is Free.

So I should tell you all that the standfirts for these three posts originally read:

"David Miliband is right to consider personal carbon trading but he should not rule other forms of action against climate change."

"Far from weakening Damascus, Israel's attacks on Lebanon will ensure Syria's place in the eventual settlement. I"

"The government seems to be going cold on its plans to introduce ID cards. Lets hope there is a chance to halt this intrusive, costly and unnecessary scheme."

8 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger wordsmith_for_hire said...

You spelled standfirsts wrong... :)

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Matthew said...

Bwahaha,

Beware the house-rules, Mister Wordsmith :)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Geordie said...

Yeah, but I'm not getting paid for it.

And I'm illicitly typing in a hurry, at work. And other such lame excuses.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger wordsmith_for_hire said...

Um, it's Ms actually, rather than Mister. And the house rules say no commenting on bad grammar, but nowt about bad spelling!!! Mwahhhhh-ha-ha!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Geordie said...

That's exactly the kind of remark that got me banned from CIF ;)

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger wordsmith_for_hire said...

Just as well this isn't CIF, then...

This is a great blog - I linked you on my own cos you guys are after my own heart. Grocer's apostrophes drive me nuts.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

Hey Wordsmith, I'm sure you'll say you're just joshing, but is it just the one grocer then?

I am very sad and am bound to be back here like a shot.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger wordsmith_for_hire said...

Caught red-handed! Made the same mistake again yesterday - fortunately only on a forum post and not in a paying job. I'm off-duty when I don't get paid for writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home