my grammar could hit the target from that distance

The revolution has begun. No longer will we put up with dodgy speeling, misplaced apostrophes' or improper; punctuation? P.S. pointing out bad grammar in postings is banned. To justify this I'm applying a form of grammatical 'absolute privilege', as the public interest in publishing mistakes far outweighs the cost to the public of making further mistakes. Call me a hypocrite if you will, but it works in Westminster.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Minehead

Here's a couple of my favourites I spotted when I was in Minehead a while ago.
















#2 Eddy's/Eddies Amazing Pizza Factory. I particularly love this one as Eddy/Eddie clearly doesn't even know how to spell his own name, let alone whether it deserves an apostrophe (also note the excellent grammar on the limousine advert in the bottom left-hand corner - credit where credit's due).
















#3 You'd think Tesco could afford a proof-reader for a leaflet that was going to be printed a million times? Eddie/Eddy gets away with it because he's one guy just trying to make amazing pizzas. Tesco should be shut down.

4 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Cat G said...

Well I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later. You folks couldn't have remained such pedants without finding somewhere to vent your frustrations. You could have written a book but, shit me, I think it's been done.

But I must say, the Tesco leaflet is just plain uncalled for. I imagine Eddy/Eddie's parent(s) couldn't afford to send him to school but Tesco is many many people. One of them must know better.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Robbie L said...

would you like to join the crusade cat? maybe it's been done before, but i think we can make a small difference in one small part of cardiff (*wells up with tearful pride*). I can add you as an official contributor if you want...

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Cat G said...

Well seeing as I've found two since posting that last comment you may as well.

1. On the bursary application for the Cardiff University postgrad diplomas, yes really. (Will found it too, I should add)

2. On some vouchers for cheaper food at KFC, another it's/its error.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Robbie L said...

Welcome aboard Cat. Email me your address and I'll add you. roblane1984@yahoo.co.uk Make sure you photograph the 2 offending items and upload.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home