my grammar could hit the target from that distance

The revolution has begun. No longer will we put up with dodgy speeling, misplaced apostrophes' or improper; punctuation? P.S. pointing out bad grammar in postings is banned. To justify this I'm applying a form of grammatical 'absolute privilege', as the public interest in publishing mistakes far outweighs the cost to the public of making further mistakes. Call me a hypocrite if you will, but it works in Westminster.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I was waiting for a fortuitous moment in which to step up. Found it. The following post appeared on work's website. I've italicised and emboldened the defining sentence.

Subject: Hello there, I s'pose I'd be called a newbie..
Date: 03/06/2006

Hello to all you gorgious authors and author wannabes out there! I'm 14
years old and I am already a keen writer. I write novels, but have not yet
managed to finish one, and I suspect this is most likely due to the fact that I
hav no real way of planning the plot or what will fall into line where in the
story. I have been writing and re-writing the beginning of a perticular novel
that i got inspiration for two years ago, and I filled up a whole notepad with
it, and this was quite a thick note pad! But I felt it was sloppily written and
had no shape and was unorganised, so I began writing it on the computer. I then
became muchhhhhh better at writing and wrote the beginning AGAIN. To avoid me
writing it yet again (i have written it more times than stated above, but I
can't be bothered to list more...) would any kind person out there pass onto me
their pearls of wisdome? I'm open to trying anything as I feel this story could
realy go somewhere, and many people tell me hoe brilliant it is, and lots who I
have shown it to keep pestering me for the next part (ha! Fat chance of me
getting a next part anytime soon...) although I am immensely critical of it
myself. I really need the tips, people!!! P.S. I appologise now for the grammer,
spelling and punctuation mistakes in the plea above... I don't know
about you, but I find bad grammer almost painful to read...

7 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Robbie L said...

Welcome aboard Matthew, and good to see that there is no flexibility given to juveniles. We are grammar fascists after all, not "grammar encouragers" or anything lame like that. Keep up the good work.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» » »

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Toshiba 7200 portege laptop

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Rx-7 ssr wheel and tire teen girls naked and shaved quit smoking aids backholegirls fucking huge toys ass cocks anal online advertising trend Slot machine cd by masque Barcode scanner with lcd display proactiv Ford dana 70 rear end 78 Bontril pill medical insurance Biggest breast implants allowed Dodge ball vioxx lateral wood file cabinets Audiovideo cabinets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home