my grammar could hit the target from that distance

The revolution has begun. No longer will we put up with dodgy speeling, misplaced apostrophes' or improper; punctuation? P.S. pointing out bad grammar in postings is banned. To justify this I'm applying a form of grammatical 'absolute privilege', as the public interest in publishing mistakes far outweighs the cost to the public of making further mistakes. Call me a hypocrite if you will, but it works in Westminster.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Im blaming poor education

Here's a belting example from a recent newcomer. She quite rightly refused to buy it on the grounds of poor grammar - hitting them where it hurts is the only way.

4 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Woodstock said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Woodstock said...

I actually turned down a job offer because the woman who was to be my boss' boss criticized my use of the apostrophe in my cover letter...and she was wrong.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Robbie L said...

I give you my respect woodstock, big respect (or should that comma be a colon?).

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home