my grammar could hit the target from that distance

The revolution has begun. No longer will we put up with dodgy speeling, misplaced apostrophes' or improper; punctuation? P.S. pointing out bad grammar in postings is banned. To justify this I'm applying a form of grammatical 'absolute privilege', as the public interest in publishing mistakes far outweighs the cost to the public of making further mistakes. Call me a hypocrite if you will, but it works in Westminster.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Im blaming poor education

Here's a belting example from a recent newcomer. She quite rightly refused to buy it on the grounds of poor grammar - hitting them where it hurts is the only way.

5 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Woodstock said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Woodstock said...

I actually turned down a job offer because the woman who was to be my boss' boss criticized my use of the apostrophe in my cover letter...and she was wrong.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Robbie Lane said...

I give you my respect woodstock, big respect (or should that comma be a colon?).

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! zoom teeth whitening dangers Pfizer celebrex and procardia 1996 mazda 626 mystique 69 dodge chargers for sale Free slots win prizes Mens liteweight outerwear flap pocketed jackets Porsche 911 rs for sale venlafaxine and stability Allegra cheap generic Phentermine sale all 90 day only $93 Easy free weight loss plan Autumn fall wedding theme invitations Chrysler radiator fan Rose garden area rug Waterproof headset radio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home