my grammar could hit the target from that distance

The revolution has begun. No longer will we put up with dodgy speeling, misplaced apostrophes' or improper; punctuation? P.S. pointing out bad grammar in postings is banned. To justify this I'm applying a form of grammatical 'absolute privilege', as the public interest in publishing mistakes far outweighs the cost to the public of making further mistakes. Call me a hypocrite if you will, but it works in Westminster.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Welcome's to the jungle

A special thanks to Dafydd for this little beauty spotted in Spain. I hope I will be forgiven for quoting directly: "I like the mistake mostly because it's so gratuitous: there's no indication of possession, nor is there a plural involved. It's just an ordinary verb with an apostrophe plonked in the middle."

I feel a special award should be given for the largest or most blatant mistake, i.e. the one on the largest sign. I saw a 3m x 1m Morrison's (Morrisons'?) sign offering "1000's of price cuts". Alas, no camera at the time though. Next time gadget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home